A short-lived dabbling in political cartooning circa 2007...

Way back in mid-2007 I thought I'd have a crack at exercising my minimal cartooning skills. It was around this time former rock star and British Prime Minister Tony Blair left office.

It was also around this time that Cadbury's, having decided that chocolate is best advertised via viral-marketing ready "entertainment pieces", ran the famed Gorilla advert which was subsequently discussed around office water-coolers and corpse filled skips all over the land.

So there's your context, and here's the cartoon I sent to Private Eye:


And here's that ad. Though personally I'd have rathered see the gorilla play this.



Sending something in to Private Eye was, of course, a million to one shot destined to fail. But it did get me this, which is kinda nice to have:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert opprobrium here